I have to give credit for this meme to fritzfacts. I thought it was fun and it is the holiday season, afterall. If you decide to participate, let me know... I'd love to see your responses.
(A snowy picture taken of the mouse house, not at Christmas, but last March... just to set the mood.)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Lewes Dairy Egg Nog (the adult beverage kind, of course)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? What kind of Grinch doesn’t at least use gift bags? Each and every one is wrapped, although the names may be written on with a Sharpie.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White. I love the sparkliness of the white lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No… but I still give kisses.
5. When do you put your decorations up? I can’t do anything Christmas related while the calendar still says November. We put up a live tree, so I have to be judicious about how early it can go up. I’d say definitely by the 2-week count down things are looking festive.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I’m not sure I have one. I love all the sweets. My mom always did the Christmas cookies. I’ll miss that, especially her oatmeal ones.
Holiday memory as a child? Going to my grandparents apartment in Manhattan every year for Christmas Eve and my mother telling us the red lights on the poles on top of the skyscrapers was Santa and Rudolph following us home and how we’d better go right to sleep when we got there so Santa could visit our house.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember but I do remember once I did know, I thought I held the secret to the universe.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were kids, we always opened a gift at my grandparents house (see #7). When my kids were little my mother always had something little for them to open at her house on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I always think themed trees are so pretty, but our tree is a true reflection of our family. It’s a little bit of everything collected over the years.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it!
12. Can you ice skate? Once upon a time… Countrymouse and I actually went ice-skating on our first date.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Ever? No. I actually have more memories about gifts I’ve given than gifts I’ve received.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family (food and drink rank pretty high, too).
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Trifle.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? This doesn’t sound like much, but I love hosting people over the holidays and opening our home for fun and laughter. My favorite Christmas memories revolve around the people I’ve spent them with. I love getting to see all my brothers and sisters and their spouses and kids. We always have an open house the Saturday before Christmas and I host a few other get-togethers over the Holidays.
17. What tops your tree? A red, tin cardinal. (Although, to be totally transparent… we used to have a star and my kids ask me every year to get another one.)
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. It’s what Christmas is about. (Will anyone answering this actually say "receiving”??? Even if it’s true? (Although, “giving” really is my true answer.))
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? I’m neutral.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Cartoon: The Year Without a Santa Claus (you know, with Heat Miser and Snow Miser) and movie: White Christmas or A Christmas Story.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? I think William Fitzsimmons new Christmas song, Covered in Snow, is incredibly sad.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? When I was a little girl, it was We Three Kings. In college, it was Christmas Wrappings. As an adult, it’s Carol of the Bells or if I’m feeling cheeky, It’s a Marshmallow World, by the wonderful Darlene Love.