So I thought it’s be a good night to do a random thingy post. (Besides, I haven’t done one in a while.)
- I’ve been really loving Tröegs Sunshine Pils this summer. It’s a little citrusy with a nice clean finish. It’s quickly becoming one of my favorite beers.
- Pup #1, Thomas, is home visiting for a few days. Can you say awesome!?
- Something has pretty much killed all my squash plants. I think the squirrels keep nibbling on them. I thought they were butternut but they looked more like green pumpkins, but I was still happy to see them grow. I was so looking forward to making soup. This picture was just from a couple weeks ago. All the plants are shriveled up and brown now. (Although everything else in the garden is fine.)
- My Jeep caught on fire last week. Countrymouse was driving. Have I ever told you he gets kinda spastic in those types of situations? (In his defense, I suppose if I was driving with flames shooting out of the back of the Jeep, I’d probably have a kitten too.) Apparently the catalytic converter gave up the ghost. Yeah... I wouldn’t recommend driving a vehicle in that condition. You know ... live and learn.
- Speaking of Countrymouse, for once I got to give him the, You’re So Cute When You’re Dumb look he often gives me. After countless hours spent on the web, he thought “LOL” meant “Lots of Love”. (Glad it’s not just me that has those moments.)
- I want to make Angels on Horseback. I have seen this recipes at least 3 times in the past day or two. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Have you ever tried it? Was it as good as it sounds??
- Maryland is known for it’s oysters... and it’s blue crabs. I haven’t had any steamed crabs since 4th of July weekend, which is pretty much criminal in these parts. Must. rectify. immediately.
- I was walking down the hall at work the other day and a woman I didn’t recognize said, “I know you”. I didn’t know her. She’s friends with my brother’s widow and apparently reads my blog. She even referenced the Mouse House. It was kinda cool and kinda weird at the same time. I did feel slightly famous for 60 seconds though. (Oh and Krista, I hope you keep reading.)
- Got a few new photos of Matt from Iraq. Here’s one for you guys to see. It's nice to get a glimpse of life there (and see his smiling face). Countrymouse says pictures with your "fire power" go along with the territory and date back to the Civil War, where whole groups of men would pose with their guns.
- I want to paint a harlequin pattern on the floor in my upstairs hall. I think it will look pretty cool, I just haven’t had the energy to get it done (or to try to keep kids and cats downstairs a day or two while it dries. Maybe they can stay at your house for the weekend? Nah... a weekend without the pups? Then I wouldn’t paint, fo’shure.)
- For the record, I didn't make the peanut noodle dish on Friday. (I know, no one is surprised.) But I also didn't get pizza or beer. Looking back on Friday, I'm not even sure we had dinner that night. (The weekend is a big blur now.)
This is probably a good place to stop... it's late and my mind is full of random thoughts. If I keep going, I may be up all night.
LOL (and I do mean Lots of Love),